My name is Lynne Tapper and I am the founder of Communication Coaching and co founder of Gold Mind Coaching.
I am a coach specialising in working with autistic people and the key people in their lives. I work to help build bridges between autistic children and their families, autistic employees and their colleagues.
Challenges with understanding other people’s differences can create barriers and I like to work with people to help them knock these barriers down.
As a qualified and accredited coach, I work with people to help them develop their personal and professional goals. I work with clients who may be feeling overwhelmed as they approach a new phase in life or who feel a bit stuck and want the opportunity to have some dedicated thinking space to explore what their next step could be.
I am a Speech and Language Therapist with over 25 years of experience working in the NHS. Early on in my career, I recognised the effectiveness of using a therapeutic approach which enabled people to identify and set specific personalised goals and the actions required to achieve these. I have attended various courses in order to develop my approach including solution-focused therapy, motivational interviewing, using Socratic questioning, building clients self-esteem, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
I specialise in working with:
- young people and adults who are autistic (level 1 & 2)
- people navigating transition points e.g. leaving home, starting university, starting a new role, starting to date, becoming a parent.
- parents of autistic children who want their children to grow up feeling good about themselves.
- employers who recognise the need to adapt their management to meet the needs of autistic employees.
- school-based groups for young people wishing to develop social confidence and skills.
I use a coaching approach to help people to:
- Reflect on their current situation.
- Identify why, when and where they are experiencing difficulties and success
- Explore options for making life work better
- Select which options will work best for them
- Put these options into practice through skill-building and detailed action planning
- Keep on track using agreed review processes
I understand that being autistic in a world where the majority of people are not autistic can be a challenge. I work with people to help them develop the self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-regulation they need to successfully navigate life.
Prior to the pandemic, I worked with clients in person at The Orchard Therapy Centre in Horsforth, Leeds. For more information about this venue please visit http://www.orchardleeds.co.uk/
I am now working remotely using zoom for clients for whom this works.
If you’re interested in having some coaching please get in touch to see if I can help – I’d love to hear from you.