My name is Lynne Tapper and I am the founder of communication coaching.
I believe that everyone has a right to be included and heard.
Challenges with communication can create barriers and I like to work with people to help them knock these barriers down.
As a qualified coach I work with people to help them develop their personal and professional goals. I work with clients who may be feeling overwhelmed as they approach a new phase in life or who feel a bit stuck and want the opportunity to have some dedicated thinking space to explore what their next step could be.
I am a Speech and Language Therapist with over 25 years of experience working in the NHS. Early on in my career, I recognised the effectiveness of using a therapeutic approach which enabled people to identify and set specific personalised goals and the actions required to achieve these. I have attended various courses in order to develop my approach including solution-focused therapy, motivational interviewing, using Socratic questioning, building clients self-esteem and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. In 2019 I earned a PG Certificate in Business and Personal Coaching.
I specialise in working with:
- young people and adults who are autistic (level 1 & 2)
- young people and adults with acquired hearing loss
- communication partners – I am able to provide communication coaching for parents, family members and/or employers who recognise the need to adapt their communication to meet the needs of someone with hearing loss or who is autistic.
- groups of young people wishing to develop social confidence and skills.
I use a coaching approach to help people to:
- Reflect on their current communication and interactions
- Identify why, when and where they are experiencing difficulties and success
- Explore options for making communication work better
- Select which options will work best for them
- Put these options into practice through skill-building and detailed action planning
- Keep on track using agreed review processes
I understand that communication difficulties can have a huge impact on social interactions and that communication difficulties often affect how people are perceived by others and how they perceive themselves. I work with people to help them develop their self-confidence and self-esteem so that they can be listened to and heard.
I prefer to work with clients in person at The Orchard Therapy Centre in Horsforth, Leeds. For more information about this venue please visit http://www.orchardleeds.co.uk/
However, if it is not possible to travel to The Orchard Therapy Centre I can arrange to see clients at a mutually convenient location by prior arrangement.
If a client is able to use telephone or video (skpye/zoom) I may be able to work with them remotely, if we both agree this arrangement will work.
If you’re interested in having some coaching please get in touch to see if I can help – I’d love to hear from you.