On this course parents learn the art of coaching to have better connection with themselves and others. Our unique course focuses on you as a parent rather than on your child. We believe that if you can become the most resourceful, wise, and calm version of yourself more of the time you will be the best parent for your child.
We will help you do this.
The Coaching Parent course will also help you think through how you can regulate your own emotions; finding ways to stay or return to a calm state and developing your ability to repair ruptures when they occur so that you can model these skills to your own child.
Using a coaching approach as a parent can be especially helpful if you are parenting a child or teenager who has good language comprehension. Here are a few examples of when a coaching approach can help.
- Your child is demand avoidant
- Your child resists your attempts to offer advice and solutions
- Your child needs support to plan and take action
- Your child is struggling to make sense of social interactions with peers/teachers.
Developing your communication skills through coaching can also be helpful when it comes to advocating for your child’s needs with schools and other agencies.
On The Coaching Parent course, you will gain:
- Lasting Positive change as you learn more about yourself as a parent and develop self-compassion to help you to relate better to yourself and connect better with your child
- Coaching skills for parenting and life
- Connection with other parents who you can relate to
- Resources, tools, and strategies to take away
The basic Logistics
6 x 90 minute weekly group sessions plus all via zoom.
Currently, we run groups on Tuesdays, although we do vary the times and days we offer courses throughout the year.
course 1: Tuesdays 20th, 27th April and 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th May 2021 Times 11.00am – 12.30pm
course 2: Tuesdays 20th, 27th April and 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th May 2021 Times 7.30 – 9.00pm
Between 6 and 10 participants per group.
What people who have been on the course have said.
“The best thing I’ve done for parenting! Genuinely strengthened my understanding and abilities as a parent (and person, and manager.) ”
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. Please read them and if you have any unanswered questions or would like to chat to us about whether the course is right for you get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
(contact details for Lynne; firstname.lastname@example.org/07910502621)
For more information about Gold Mind and 1 to 1 coaching click here